OHHS Principal's Message
Ogemaw Heights High School
Trisha Ziegler, Principal
Welcome to Ogemaw Heights High School!
Dear Parents, Students and Members of the West Branch-Rose City Communities,
I am extremely proud to have the opportunity to serve as your Principal at Ogemaw Heights High School. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to visit the Ogemaw Heights High School home page. I encourage all of you to visit the site regularly for announcements regarding important dates and upcoming events.
The goal of the Ogemaw Heights High School community is to provide high quality academic, athletic, performing arts, career technical educational and student-centered organization experiences. As you will see below, we truly offer something for everyone.
- Academics: We provide a full range of challenging course offerings. These courses are designed to allow students to meet the graduation requirements of the Michigan Merit Curriculum. Whether your student is looking to graduate in a career readiness or college preparedness program, we provide the courses to make that goal a reality.
- Athletics: Ogemaw Heights is a class B school with a rich athletic tradition that offers a full complement of activities for students of all ability levels. All competitions are sanctioned through the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSSA).
- Performing Arts: Course offerings in the areas of art, choir, band and drama are designed to give students the chance for artistic expression while reinforcing the academic programming. Students participate in performances throughout the school year.
- Career Technical Education: Unique to this area, Ogemaw Heights offers comprehensive, in house, opportunities to learn skills in the areas of building trades, computer aided design and drafting (CAD), machine tool operator, agriscience and health science. These courses are designed to provide students with the skills and training to obtain entry level positions in the area of their interest. Early Middle College (EMC) opportunities exist in the field of construction trades through Delta College.
- Student Centered Organizations/Clubs: There are opportunities for participation that cover a wide range of interests. Here at Ogemaw Heights, we offer students the choice of one or more of the following: National FFA (FFA), Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), Skills USA Competition, Student Council, National Honor Society, Knowledge Bowl, Science Olympiad, and Youth Advisory Committee (YAC).
- Support: For students who need a little extra assistance, we offer Study Sanctuary Tuesday-Friday, math, English and science Tutoring Tuesday-Friday, Credit Recovery Programming during the summer months, and online credit recovery (E2020/ Edgenuity) during the school year. Ogemaw Heights also has math and English courses that are offered in a co-taught format with two “Highly Qualified” educators in the classroom.
I thank you in advance for your support. Should you have any questions, concerns, needs, or would like a tour of our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact my office and I will assist you in any way I can.
Yours in Education,